Personal Branding Strategies for a Rewarding Career
July 28th, 2021
by Josh Janowiak
The majority of our AMA programming focuses on marketing, innovation, and problem solving for the organizations at which we work. In this podcast we flip the script and put ourselves in the spotlight, discussing personal branding strategies and storytelling for a rewarding career.
How often do you think about where you want to be in 5, 10, even 15 years? How can you create a network and surround yourself with colleagues that will challenge and inspire you to grow? What types of ongoing education, training, and certifications can help take your skillset to the next level? How can you keep your resume and portfolio updated with not only a laundry list of past responsibilities but a proven track record of success and accomplishments?
Today we’ll chat with Angie Callen, Founder and Principal at Career Benders Inc, a Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Professional Career Coach, and host of the new No More Monday’s Podcast about how you should plan for the long term on your most impressive asset, yourself!
- Personal Branding
- Career Planning
- Professional Development
- Job Seeking
- Resume Writing
Angie M. Callen
CPRW, Founder & Principal at Career Benders Inc.
Angie Callen is the Founder and Principal of Career Benders, Inc., a full-service career and business coaching company providing personal branding, job search strategy, career change, and solopreneurial coaching for clients across the country.
As a former engineer, Angie takes a practical, action-based approach to coaching, which has helped hundreds of clients progress their careers, land amazing new opportunities, and seeing their entrepreneurial dreams come true. Angie has always believed people deserve to be happy in their lives and careers, despite society’s continued acceptance of mediocrity. By inspiring confident professionals, Angie and her team help people rise above this norm, build confidence, discover their value, and align these elements for future purpose and satisfaction.
Originally from Pittsburgh, PA, Angie has called the Colorado Mountains home for nearly 13 years. After spending six years in Boston between college and Colorado, Angie admits she’s still got some east coast tendencies that are tempered by a life of adventure in the outdoors. When she’s not logging hours on Zoom, you can find Angie, her husband, Jim, and their four-legged kid, Foster, whitewater paddle boarding, fly fishing, backpacking, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, or enjoying whatever the mountains have to offer.
Angie is also a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) accredited through the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARWCC).
We know you like actionable items so Angie has created the following quick guide on personal branding which outlines all the main points and major takeaways from our podcast. Thanks Angie!
Links & Resources
- Career Benders
- This is Angie’s website. She’s awesome and you should definitely visit her site for more great career building and marketing content!
- The No More Mondays Podcast
- This is Angie’s Podcast. Join her as she chats with founders, entrepreneurs, and employees who have figured out that special sauce. The magic. The mystery to a life that entails No More Mondays!
- Rejection Proof-Jia Jiang
- How to beat fear and become invincible, one rejection at a time.
- The Gifts Of Imperfection-Brene Brown
- Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.
- You Are A Badass-Jen Sincero
- How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life.
- The One Thing-Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- The surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results
- StrengthsFinder is now CliftonStrengths
- Your CliftonStrengths themes are your talent DNA. They explain the ways you most naturally think, feel and behave.
- The Eventual Millionaire Podcast
- Each week features a new business success story (who became a net worth millionaire through their business) to give you the inside scoop to get to your million faster and easier!
You have to pitch yourself on social media, at networking events, and for your next job interview. How can you best pitch yourself, your idea, or a project? In order to get to X ( the numbers), you’ve got to explain Y (the why). In this podcast we talk about how the numbers can tell a story, how to tell the story without boring people, how to get your audience to feel something, and how all putting all the pieces together can make the ultimate impact.