How To Rock Your Pitch
May 11th, 2021
by Josh Janowiak
You have to pitch for money for your business or project. You have to tell your boss you deserve a raise. You have to explain why your project is going to be successful. In order to get to X ( the numbers), you’ve got to explain Y (the why).
In this discussion we’ll talk about how the numbers tell the story AND how the stories tell the numbers.
We’ll also discuss:
- How the numbers can tell a story
- How to tell the story without boring people
- How to get your audience to feel something
- How the story AND the numbers make the ultimate impact
- Pitching Your Ideas
- Data Collection
- Assessing the Impact
- Relating to Humans
International Keynote Speaker & Brand Storyteller
Working as a brand strategist with businesses of all sizes – from big brands like Five Guys to brand new entrepreneurs – for the past two decades, Melanie once drove 7,000 miles in 3 weeks on the Live Your Brand Tour to find out why great brands work. The HUMANS were at the center of everything.
Along the way, she noticed that every human had a personal story to share along with their brand story. Diving into the methodology of writing branded talks, she saw an even bigger pattern – people wanted to write their talks, yet focused on what they had to do at their “real job” instead of their bigger impact in the world. She knew she had to change this.
As an international keynote speaker, brand storyteller, and public speaking trainer, Melanie took all of her corporate & personal branding experience and created a safe place for Kickass Humans to write the talks they needed to write so they could share it with the world through her course, SPEAK With Confidence.
Melanie & her Crew travel the world creating branded experiences for humans like you to find your stories, build your confidence, and amplify your voices through their corporate public speaking and pitch trainings.
When Melanie’s not playing with speakers & corporate folks or rocking the stage, she’s living the vacation life – bouncing between Denver, a lake in Western New York, and coastal Florida chasing sunrises with her husband and her pup.
Links & Resources
- Speak With Confidence 90 Day Challenge
- Write, practice, and give the talk that will get you on the TED stage, build your personal brand and career, and get your message out to the world
- How not to be weird on Zoom
- Learn how to “not be weird” on video calls, webinars, and online trainings with the inside scoop on how to rock your personal brand while we’re all working from home. You’ll get a list of tools that will make your stay-home lives easier along with learning how to map out a “talk” for social media or a webinar.
- Everything is Spiritual-Rob Bell
- Who we are and what we’re doing here
- The Robcast-Rob Bell
Thank you AMA Southwest Michigan for collaborating with us on this great event! We enjoy working with other chapters and organizations to bring great speakers like Melanie to our region.