The Marketing Metric Of The Future…Trust
June 23rd, 2020
by Josh Janowiak
The marketing metric of the next decade will be trust. There will be no more effective – nor more critical – way of building a brand than building a community who trusts you enough to advocate on your behalf.
With trust in brands and advertising at an all-time low, there will never be a better time to build a human-centered marketing strategy. The tactics of this decade – data collection, tracking, endless ads – will not work in the next.
Your customers are already telling you how to connect with them in a way that will grow your business. Are you ready to listen?
- Zero Party Data
Cliff is a Principal Designer at Salesforce, helping build world-class customer experience tools. Through talks and workshops given around the world, he helps companies become customer-centric by leveraging proven research and design strategies.
He lives in Atlanta where he co-organizes amUX, a morning meetup for the city’s user experience community. He also co-hosts TuneDig—a deep-dive music podcast discussing music history, theory, and culture.
You can usually find him tinkering with ideas, standing at a concert (before COVID-19), biking, snowboarding, or defending the Oxford comma.
Connect with Cliff Seal on LinkedIn
Links & Resources
- Trust in the Future Slideshare Presentation
- Edelman Trust Barometer 2020
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Badass: Making Users Awesome by Kathy Sierra
- Any book by Seth Godin
- The Context Marketing Revolution by Matthew Sweezy
- My Brother, My Brother and Me Podcast An advice podcast for the modren era. The McElroy brothers are here to take your questions and turn them, alchemy-like, into wisdom.