Cultural Competence & The New Marketplace
March 17th, 2021
by Josh Janowiak
The truth comes with every phone conversation, every email or text received: your customer base is more diverse than ever. And nowhere is this new reality experienced more than in your brand’s marketing efforts. A marketer’s ability to navigate the shifting cultural landscape plays a crucial component in your organization’s ability to forge long-term success.
With an ever changing marketplace, organizations who are considered to be the leaders in employee and customer engagement understand that opportunities to connect with new customers and increase marketplace presence are endless – but building these relationships take time. The dividends, however, are both tangible and sustainable.
- Cultural Competence
- Multi-Ethnic Marketing
Skot Welch, Global Diversity & Inclusion Strategist at Global Bridgebuilders
Skot is the Principal/Founder of Global Bridgebuilders (GBB), a firm focusing on Organizational Development, Cultural Transformation and Inclusion. Global Bridgebuilders is an international team providing services to enterprises across the globe. GBB bases its work on the core belief that inclusion is a business discipline and that it should be leveraged across all that the enterprise does. To gain this leverage, the firm applies a continuous improvement model, anchored in metrics.
Skot has been a global bridge builder long before he founded the company in 2006. Growing up in a military family gave Skot a unique perspective on diversity that he still carries and a passion for helping organizations tap into the vast experiences of their employees to create stronger businesses.
Skot is also the author of 101 Ways to Enjoy the Mosaic, a relaxed and reassuring guide to taking the first steps out of the rut and beginning to sample new customs, including foods, festivals and other fun, that we might miss—sometimes because we think we aren’t invited to attend!
Links & Resources
- 101 Ways To Enjoy The Mosaic-Skot Welch
- Creating a diverse community in you own backyard
- Originals-Adam Grant
- How non-conformists move the world.
- The Medici Effect-Frans Johansson
- What elephants & epidemics can teach us about innovation
- The Element-Ken Robinson
- How finding your passion changes everything.
- Our Black Year-Maggie Anderson
- One black families quest to buy black in America’s Racially Divided Economy
- The Secrets of Sand Hill Road-Scott Kupor
- Venture Capital & How to Get It
- The Get Up
- Spotify has your morning covered — with news, pop culture, and the music you love.