Building an Innovation Led Organization
April 20th, 2021
by Josh Janowiak
What do innovation led-organizations such as Apple, Tesla, Google and Microsoft have in common? What has been their secret to continually bringing innovative products to the market? How does one build an innovation-led organization? In this podcast we’ll talk through the “dos” and “don’ts” of how to build an innovation-led organization.
- Design Thinking
- Rapid Experimentation
- Embracing Failure
- Company Culture
Joshua Barker, CEO, Managing Partner of City Innovation Labs
Josh Barker has over 15 years of industry experience in product innovation in both the Big 4 at KPMG as a Director of Innovation and in Silicon Valley as a CTO. Today he is the Managing Partner of City Innovation Labs: a digital product innovation company that specializes in building the right product for the right market at the right time.
Josh and his team have helped bring many successful products to market that are being used by millions of users monthly, generating for clients over $250M dollars in revenue annually.
Connect with Josh on LinkedIn.
Links & Resources
- The Lean Startup-Eric Ries
- How today’s entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses.
- The Leaders Guide-Eric Ries
- The E-Myth-Michael E. Gerber
- Why most small businesses don’t work and what to do about it.
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team-Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team outlines the root causes of politics and dysfunction on the teams where you work, and the keys to overcoming them.
- 5 Levels of leadership-John Maxwell
- Mythical Man Month-Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
- Essays on software engineering