Luncheon Recap – Change & Opportunity in Modern Media with Emily Richett-Hughes
January 16th, 2017
by Dan Gibson
This past Tuesday Emily Richett-Hughes helped us discover how modern media continues to progress and how the changes are opening up exciting opportunities. If you’re feeling disappointed that you happened to miss out on our latest luncheon event, as always, we’ve got your back. Check out top take aways heard straight from attendees and connect with us to keep the conversation going.
- We’re experiencing a complete shift in the PR industry as social media allows everyone to be a “journalist”
- You don’t need to be an expert to have your voice heard, Simply contributing to the conversation is extremely powerful.
- Spend some extra time to know your story and come up with creative ways to share that with your audience.
- It’s easy to get stuck overthinking, “Just Start” and “Done is better than perfect” are great ways to build momentum and focus.
- Again, when talking about media relations, try not to overthink things and make it easy for the reporter. PR is timely so sitting on a story won’t get you anything.
- Don’t be afraid to follow up with reporters after a week or so. They actually prefer the reminders.
- Local media coverage is a gateway to national media and also shows serious credibility.
- Someone else saying you’re great instills more confidence in your customers and potential customers than if you are always the one talking about how awesome you are.
Head over to our Facebook page to see an awesome video and even more photos. We can’t wait to see you at our next event!