5 reasons to join AMA West Michigan and Our Secret Spring Promo Reveal!
June 6th, 2016
by Dan Gibson
Got a major case of the Mondays 🙁 ? Looking for a good deal to kickoff the week? The AMA West Michigan is here for you and we’re offering up a killer deal of $50 off our membership cost right now through June 24th! Think how you can reinvest that money… 10 caramel lattes, 25 tacos, a nice steak dinner! Sign up now and you could have access to awesome perks including career development resources, subscriptions to marketing publications, full access to ama.org, and the opportunity to grow your network right in your own hometown!
Are you a marketing pro that is thinking of becoming a member? A recent graduate that’s looking to meet local professionals? If so, keep on reading! I’m going to give you 5 reasons to join the American Marketing Association of West Michigan (AMAWM).
1. Because AMA members rock! – Networking is the number one reason people join AMA. By becoming a member of AMAWM you’re also becoming a member of AMA national. This means you’re now part of one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with over 30,000 members who work, teach and study in the field! Why wouldn’t you want to become better at being a human?
2. Events – AMAWM hosts monthly luncheons featuring local/national marketing pros. We’ve had a few impressive people speak over the years…Mig Reyes, Kindra Hall, Martha Pease and Daniel Dejan to name a few. Event presentations cover a wide variety of marketing topics; digital marketing, print, integrated communications, SEO, social media, branding, nonprofit, etc. There’s a little something for everyone.
3. Resources – There’s a lot of them. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- People – All the AMAWM members you meet are a potential resource you can tap into. Pick a like-minded person’s brain at one of our events or get involved with our board to help build your repertoire. Our events are the perfect opportunity to get a little networking in.
- The Marketer’s Toolkit – Visit this Web page and bask in the awesomeness that AMA provides its members. There’s a comprehensive collection of interactive tools, templates, guides, research and more that cover a wide variety of topics (content marketing, lead generation, website development, mobile, branding, etc.).
- AMA’s Career Resource Center – Whether you’re looking for a new gig, hoping to refine your leadership skills, or searching for interview tips the AMA Career Resource Center provides you with the right tools and knowledge to be well positioned, well organized and well managed.
4. Continuing your education – As professionals it is our responsibility to stay informed on current marketing trends and to keep adding to our professional toolboxes. The only way to do this is to deliberately seek out new information and learn. Education is a lifelong process and lucky for you AMA provides countless opportunities to learn something new (see #2 and #3).
5. Free stuff – That’s right, FREE! As a member you get access to the Marketer’s Toolkit and Career Resource Center mentioned above, case studies, publications, two subscriptions to industry magazines, Webcasts/podcasts, member only e-Newsletters and more! Oh, and AMAWM members get a discounted rate for our events and WMPRSA’s events.
I know what some of you are thinking, “but I have to pay for my membership so is it really free?” When you add up the value of items 1-4, I think we can all agree that it far exceeds your membership cost. Especially when you’re saving $50 big ones.
Have I convinced you to stay or become a member? If not, let us know. There’s always someone looking to grab a coffee or lunch to explain the priceless benefits the AMA West Michigan has to offer. Meet us, learn with us and hopefully, become a part of AMAWM!
Once again, our Spring Membership Promotion runs until June 24th, 2016. We have some awesome stuff planned coming up this fall so get it now or you’ll wish you had. Future you will be beyond grateful when you’re able to make it rain with the extra $50 you’ll save.
Click the link to sign up now! www.ama.org/Pages/BecomeMember
*American Marketing Association. (n.d.). Retrieved March 22, 2016, from https://www.ama.org/Pages/default.aspx